Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I'm doing something right

There are nights like last night that I feel like I am doing everything wrong.  Hailey has a new friend at school who has some pretty major behavioral problems...in typical Hailey fashion, she has been picking them up and trying them on at home...What will happen if I pull my sister's hair so hard that she screams?  What will mom do if I pinch my sister's arm and draw blood?  What will happen if I throw my hearing aides at mom while she's trying to cook dinner?  I'm just hoping that I can wait them out and not give her much attention for them...that way, they won't last long and become a problem.

Well last night was one of those nights where I was watching the clock, waiting for 8:30 so I could put the girls to bed...I even thought of skipping their night time stories and just sending them to bed early.  I was literally coming apart at the seams and just barely holding on to my patience.  So I thought, I'm just doing this all wrong...My girls fight all of the time, I can't even listen to my 14 year old son for one second before the two of them are screaming at the top of their lungs...

Then this morning, I go to walk out to my car and find this note taped to the door for me...From my 14 year old son...Be prepared, you might cry...I know I did...

READ THIS TO THE FAMILY BEFORE THE GIRLS GO TO SCHOOL
I LOVE YOU ALL

I just wanted to let you know how great my family is.  You always help me when I need help and you always provide me with the things I need.  It takes an outstanding mom to take care of a 14 year old kid, a 3 year old girl and a disabled 9 year old.  We have all been through a lot, moves, divorces, crazy grandpas, ha ha and a financial disaster.  Even when we are in a hole, you always find a way to provide for us.  Tim and I have created a great relationship and I am glad he is my step dad.  My sisters are awesome, sometimes they are a hassle but I will always love them.  I love you so much along with the rest of the family.  Sometimes I feel that I am unfair to my sisters, sometimes I am super snappy towards them and a lot of the time I pick sides.  I know you have been stressed out a bit because we never really know when Tim will be home, and on top of that the girls are little monsters sometimes.  I appreciate you so much mom, I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Love, UR BOY


The best big brother and son EVER!

So apparently, I am doing something right...I am raising a loving respectful intelligent young man who I am so proud of.  I am raising a son who protects and loves his family and has the sensitivity to write a note like that to his mama...So to my boy...I LOVE YOU RIGHT BACK!!  You are definitely the BEST teenage boy that a mother could ever ask for.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful young man! Through all your struggles and sacrifices you have accomplished the most difficult part, keeping your family united. You are doing an amazing job, be very proud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That boy of yours sounds like he was born to do great things. He IS a really great kid, and you are truly blessed to have him in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This might be the sweetest thing I've ever read. You're definitely doing a lot of somethings right.

    ReplyDelete