Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Great Life

I have a great life.  I complain and bitch and whine about the negatives a little too often...So here are my positives...

1.  I have three medically healthy children.  Although Hailey has a genetic disorder and a multitude of other challenges, she is medically healthy most of the time...



2.  I have a wonderful husband who works his rear end off every day so that I can stay at home and take care of my three beautiful children...who he loves with all of his heart.


3.  I have food in the cupboard and refrigerator...OK so I keep the grocery bill down to $100 a week but I am good at budgeting and shopping cheap so we have healthy food in the cupboard and refrigerator!

4.  I have wonderful friends...They are few but precious and love me all the time, no matter if I am bitching and whining or on cloud nine.


Does there need to be anything else?  I am happy with my great life and today I am reminding myself just how wonderful that life is!!

Although having a child with a rare genetic disorder is inexplicably complicated and difficult, it is also beautiful.  I would not know half of my friends if it wasn't for the challenges that I have been through...I don't think that people who live the fairy tale can possibly live as rich and rewarding a life as I have...

Don't worry...I have Hailey's IEP next week & will be preparing beginning tomorrow...I am sure that I will be back to my complaining self by then!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    This has really cheered me up today. Makes me as a parent of a CDC child, feel less sorry for myself.
    Love to all
    Damian (Oxford, UK)

    ReplyDelete