Friday, December 10, 2010

We got behind...But our hero is saving the day.

A few months ago someone stole a lot of money from our home.  Not a break in but someone who was invited into our house.  We have never been able to figure out who it was but it pretty much put an end to my blind trust of people.

We weren't really caught up financially from the business disaster of 2008 but we were close...

That theft put us back in the hole...It also cancelled our family vacation to Disneyland for the year.

It was sad...I was angry...and felt beaten.  But we stood back up and started catching up again.

Then our car needed to be repaired or replaced and we had to dump all of the new catch up money into a new car...GEEZ were we ever going to catch a break?

So we figured that we would be caught up again in a few months and we scaled back on the Christmas gifts...and we budgeted and started to save again...

Last week we got our big break (or at least a financial break)  Hubby has been asked to work double overtime with no days off...it sounded great & we'd be out of the hole within 3 weeks instead of 3 months...

But here's the catch...Hubby has been working for 12 days with no break...Drives 2 hours to work, works 12-13 hours then drives 2 hours home...Then he eats dinner, sleeps for 6 hours or so and starts again.  The kiddos haven't seen him except when he kisses them while they are asleep for 2 weeks...and I'm normally asleep when he walks in and barely awake when he leaves.

You'd think he'd be cranky or irritated or angry that he has to do this...but he's not.  He just called me to ask me if we were on our way to the Polar Express Train Ride downtown...tickets that he bought us with all of his hard work...and asked me to call him and tell him how much fun the girls had.  This morning when he kissed me goodbye, I asked him if he was exhausted...he said no, he was glad that he was able to support us.  He also called me to apologize that he wasn't able to put the Christmas lights up yet and offered to do it tonight when he got off work.

My hubby is literally the best man that I have ever known.  That he would marry me and accept my two children (one having cri du chat/autism/hearing loss/strabismus/sensory disorder etc etc etc) as his own, astounds me...

That he would then work 90 hours in a week and drive 28 hours on top of that to and from work just so that I can stay home and take care of the children...so that we can catch up and not be behind on anything...so that sometime in the next few months the kids can have their vacation....

WOW...he amazes me...I am one lucky girl...And our hero is saving the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment