Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I don't mind...

All of the meetings are getting to me...the IEP prep is getting to me...the conversations about out of compliance IEPs is getting to me...the assessments are getting to me...This is what I'd like to tell all of the "experts"...

I don’t mind...

I don’t mind if you tell me what to do...I do mind if you don’t listen to my response.

I don’t mind if you tell me it’s my fault...I do mind if you don’t take responsibility when it is yours.

I don’t mind helping if you need help...I do mind if you take advantage of me.

I don’t mind if you tell me that you don’t like me...I do mind if you don’t know why.

I don’t mind if you don’t agree with me...I do mind if you can’t give me the chance to disagree with you.

I don’t mind if you criticize me...I do mind if you do can’t do it to my face.

I don’t mind if you need a break...I do mind if you can’t give me one.

I don’t mind if you don’t listen to me...I do mind if you blame me afterwards.

I don’t mind taking consequences...I do mind if you can’t take yours.

I don’t mind doing things for you...I do mind if you fail to appreciate it.

I don’t mind if you’re cranky...I do mind if I can’t be.

There...I feel better!

2 comments:

  1. Thats a cool one. Our children are so understood it sometimes makes you sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect! We are lucky that IEP time is actually enjoyable here.

    ReplyDelete