Saturday, October 16, 2010

A Choice

Betcha thought this was going to be some serious post about some serious subject...Well it is serious to me but let me warn you...It is not some political topic!

A shower or an extra hour of sleep...that is the choice I made today and believe me, I am paying for making the choice that I made!

I chose the extra sleep.  I haven't been sleeping well lately.  Hubby has been working a lot and I have been alone a lot (technically not actually alone but alone in the sense that the only people that I have conversations with are 14, 9 and 3...and the 14 year old rarely says more than a few words...Oh and a couple of therapists, teachers and maybe the grocery clerk...I'm pretty sure those don't count as stimulating social conversations though!).  So my sleep has been less than restful...I mean, I am tired but mentally, socially I am STAGNANT...I am bored...

So last night, I fell asleep at around 9:00, then woke up at 11:00 then fell asleep around 1:00 am then woke up at 3:00 am and then fell asleep at 4:15 am to dream wonderful dreams and sleep soundly for my alarm to wake me up at 5:45 am...and I wasn't ready of course.

Now I know it is Saturday and most people get to be lazy or sleep in a little but here is where the choice comes in...I can sleep in an extra hour because of course my little ladies normally wake up around 6:15 or 6:30 and I could sleep until then but then I can't take a shower in peace.  I mean have you ever tried to take a shower while two little girls run around the bathroom screaming or banging on the shower door or pulling all of the towels out of the cabinet or smearing lotion around the floor or whatever it is that the two of them decide is going to make me get out of the shower as soon as humanly possible so that they can receive my undivided attention!!  Believe me, it is not fun!!

So I usually get up early so that I am put together before they wake up...So that I'm ready for the day and for giving them my undivided attention! 

But today, I chose to sleep...chose to finish my dream...I was woken up to Hailey rocking in her bed...banging it against the wall as she does...and to Aubrey screaming...mom...I am hungry...And then the whining (to which I said, it is 6:30 am...too early for whining...to which Aubrey says, can I whine at 7?)

Now it is 9:13 and I have put off the showering madness for too long.  Everyone is fed, everyone is clean and bathed, dressed...everyone is happy and playing...except for me...I am dreading the 4 minute shower that I am going to have to make do with so that complete and utter chaos doesn't ensue in our house, then the quick 2 minute blow dry of the hair and a quick ponytail...then trying to get a little make up on before the girls decide that they want to make up their faces too and clamor for the mascara!...So Now I'm stalling...


Yep...this is how we all look when Mommy chooses sleep over getting ready!

The upside is that next week I am flying to Nashville to visit my best friend in the world for 4 days...I plan on getting ready in peace every day and not having to make this little silly choice that seems to come up every Saturday!!  But until then...here goes nothing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment