Monday, August 8, 2011

I blog a lot about negative things...about things that bug me and things that frustrate me in this life.  I bitch and moan and complain more than more fair share on my blog...but Hey, It's my blog so I can do that!  It is a place for me to air it all out.  So that I can give my frustrations a voice and be the best I can be for my children and for my hubby and my family and my friends.

So today, you will be shocked to read a little positive information!  A little token of love.  I think that sometimes I forget to share with you all that Hailey has a fantabulastic life full of family and fun and friends and love.  We are not pouring over IEP meetings and preparing for battle at all hours of the day.  I do most of that at night or when the girls are napping or while they are playing.  Most of the time, they don't even realize that I am not 100 percent focused on them.  I don't mean to pat myself on the back too much here but I am a GREAT mother.  I think that I pretty much rock in most aspects of mothering!

So I wanted to share with you a story about my sister's boyfriend's daughter.  She is Hailey's age and she is wonderful!  She has absolutely the most loving and wonderful soul of any child I've ever met.  She just met Hailey back in May and immediately she was inviting and open with Hailey.  She made Hailey feel comfortable and helped her play.  It was really amazing.  Most ten year olds wouldn't make the time or the effort to make sure that Hailey was following along in the game.  They would be busy doing their thing, not really wanting the little girl who can't talk,who has fits and pulls other people's hair to join in.  But not this ten year old.  So when it was the girl's birthday, I told her that Aubrey and I would be there and she said "what about Hailey" and I told her that Hailey would be with her dad for that weekend and she said "ah man, I wanted her to meet all of my friends"...WHAT???  She actually wanted to introduce Hailey to her friend's from school...she is proud of Hailey and she is proud that they are friends.  She protects her and I think that it is wonderful.

I mean there are other family members who are equally as wonderful to Hailey...and other friend's children who are wonderful to her but this is a child who just met her.  A child who wasn't raised around Hailey.  A child who hasn't been expected to love her.  She just did love her on the spot and treated her with respect and admiration.

After that declaration that she wanted her to meet her friends, I got into the car that night and cried...bawled actually...Good happy tears.  My daughter has a friend...a real friend and that is wonderful!

2 comments:

  1. You're right, this is absolutely wonderful. I'm so thrilled for Hailey and for you, for knowing that someone else loves Hailey for who she is. What a wonderful sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you and for Hailey!!!

    ReplyDelete