Tuesday, November 16, 2010

When she was tiny

Sometimes I get so caught up in the now of Hailey that I forget that once upon a time...she was so tiny.  Such a little peanut. 

When did she get big?

Oh my, she is going to be ten! 10!!  Double Digits!!  WOW!! 

I guess that I was so hell bent on getting her passed that awful third birthday (that is the age that the geneticist told us that she would most likely make it to ~ ha ha ha...she sure beat that didn't she!! *this is me sticking my tongue out at him*)...that I try hard to only look forward...never look back!

Looking through some old photos today...I came across some around her fifth birthday...5 whole years ago...seems like a lifetime...

At five years old....at her own skating party (*this is me sticking my tongue out at that same geneticist and the pediatrician who announced that she would NEVER walk even if she did make it passed 3*)


And now at almost ten years old...(*this is me sticking my tongue out at that very hateful doctor who suggested that I just put her into an institution or up for adoption for the sake of my other child*)

I'd like to take this opportunity to stick my tongue out at the rest of the people who would like to doubt my child's super powers!!

I can't believe how fast she has grown!! 

Or how much we've all grown because of her!


4 comments:

  1. There are quite a few people I'd like to stick my tongue out at too!! Way to go Hailey and Mama!! I can't believe our girls are going to be 10. 10!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You Know I say to Charity all the time, Bella was sooo tiny. And I am with you, I stick out my tongue to the doctor's too!!!!
    Bella is 14 now and I remember when her head fit into the palm of my hand , NO MORE!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry you had such horrible doctors. We were so lucky to find the developmental pediatrician who ended up diagnosing my daughter when she was 26 months old. This doctor told me not to do research because it was outdated and studies had shown that kids who lived at HOME with their parents AND siblings do so much better than those institutions. She told me to let Olivia show me what she could do, not rely on research that is over thirty years old.

    Go Hailey! Big ten!! So glad she's proving everyone wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I relive that moment of pure despair wen we were told Sophie would not survive past two. I too wish I can rub it in certain doctors faces how far she has come.

    Go Hailey!!! You have provided her with the most important tools to help her along the way; unconditional love by far is my favorite. And you still have so much to look forward too.

    ReplyDelete