Sunday, November 7, 2010

Gearing Up

Hailey's school has changed it's schedule this year to what they call "Modified Traditional" which basically means longer breaks...Which also means that she will be out of school from November 19 to January 3...REALLY??  You are kidding me right?

I have to gear up and figure out what we are going to do...I have to redo the picture schedules for her so she will know what to expect.

I have to gear up and prepare myself for the fact that I will not have a moments peace for half of November and ALL of December!!

I will miss going to the bathroom alone...Those are the things that I think about!

I am also excited.  I think we will go to San Francisco and check out the Exploratorium.  I think we will go to the zoo if it's not raining and to the snow.  I am so excited...but I have to prepare!

During this preparation, I have realized that her wheelchair has a flat...no I guess it's not really a flat...it's more like a catastrophic event...a hole that cannot be repaired....And that HAS to be fixed because without the wheelchair, we can't go anywhere in public!  Because without the wheelchair, she gets tired and she has no where to go when she needs a break...She is too big to carry anymore...

I am excited for this break from school and a little nervous because just as soon as she gets used to being out of school, she will go back and we will start all over again...she doesn't do change...

Here's to a month and a half of craziness!

2 comments:

  1. that is a crazy long break!!! what wheelchair do you have? we're considering getting one...we use a double stroller now, but Matthew's pretty much done with it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even know what it is called...a mom from Hailey's old school gave it to us when they got a new one. They are so expensive and because she can technically "walk" medical insurance won't pay for it. We use a double stroller occasionally too but Hailey is so tall that she is really uncomfortable in it. I would love to invent a wheelchair that has a stroller attached to it in some way so that I could have Aubrey and Hailey both be comfortable! What type of double stroller do you use?

    ReplyDelete