Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Can you hear her?

I love this sequence of pictures.  We went to see Santa this weekend and took the kids photo together afterwards.  I really liked the setting here and there was a pretty fountain in the back.

I didn't even realize that the water noise might bother Hailey but she was sure to tell her brother very clearly.  I was already to set to take the photo so I just started shooting since taking a good photo of all three kids takes about 25 shots!!  And here she is patting him to tell him.

 And he is saying sit down (notice how Aubrey is posed and still smiling!  She knows that if she just sits there and smiles this will go much faster!! ha ha :-)

 And she is making it more clear pointing to her ears (this all happened within seconds)

 And her pouty face to tell him that something hurts...

 And my hubby steps in to remove the hearing aides and....

Voila!!  The perfect Christmas photo!!

Who says that children with cri du chat can't communicate...We hear her loud and clear!!

4 comments:

  1. That is an amazing shot! And you are so very very right. They speak loud and clear.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous family! And you managed to catch a very special communication moment. At our school for children with intellectual disabilities we love to celebrate learning with special stories. We record "wow" moments in writing with photos and send them home to parents or caregivers. I think it would be fun to make scrapbooks of those learning moments. I have trouble keeping up with the fantastic achievements of my eight students, one of whom has cri du chat. I think I should write about some of the hilarious, ingenious and naughty moments as well! I like the idea of mums and dads being able to share those special stories with family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anyone who says that 5p- kids don't/can't communicate haven't met my little talker. She's very good at getting her point across. I love this series of pictures. so much sweetness there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favorite posts of all time!!!!

    ReplyDelete