Monday, June 27, 2011

So I bought an mini van...

So back in November I bought a mini van.  I was so excited.  We had talked about and even picked out a truck but a mini van seemed so...ROOMY!!  With TVs for the kiddos and everything!  So out with the huge gas guzzling Suburban and in with the great on gas mommy mobile...the Town & Country!  And I love it.  Yes, I get teased by my friends on occasion and my 15 year old probably doesn't think it's the coolest thing but the girls LOVE it too!!  The doors open with a touch of a button and the bonus is that Hailey doesn't need so much help getting in and out as she did in the Suburban.

But we didn't really think about a couple of things. 

First of all, it can not, will not pull a boat...and I have a boat.  Bummer.  Never even thought about that problem since we don't use the boat in the winter and it was raining when we exchanged huge Suburban for little old mini van.  So this year, the little speed boat is retired.  We are giving her a rest from the camping and the weekend river trips and the lake hauls and everything.  No biggie...No boat.

Second of all, it can not, will not fit our camping gear in it.  Well technically it will.  But we look like the Griswolds and we have to take a second car to carry hubby, the two giant dogs and the two 15 year olds...oh and the firewood.  Oh and the second car has to have the bikes tied to the back of it.  And the girls and I pretty much have room for our legs (sort of) and we are squeezed in like sardines.  There are 4 giant bins of camping gear tied to the luggage rack. It is actually pretty ridiculous when you think about it!

I should have taken pictures but it is dark now and you just wouldn't get the full effect of the Griswold-ness that it represents!  I am going to post pictures when we get back but for now, you will just have to use your wonderful imaginations and laugh with me!

We did get it all in...barely...in the mini van and a second car.

I mean, I thought these mini van things were supposed to have the most room of any vehicle ever!  NOPE!!

I miss my Suburban...and my hubby's truck.

Hopefully when we are done with this camping thing, I can go back to loving my mini van!!

4 comments:

  1. We had a van for awhile. I loved it too. I currently drive a Pontiac Grand Prix. But then, I only have two kids, one husband and no dogs. AND...we don't camp. Like, ever. If my husband were so inclined, I'd be more than willing to pack him and the girls off for a few nights of camping...but me? I'm not so much for roughing it. Can't wait for pictures of your Griswold vacation. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahhah You should have taken photos!!! I need to see that! I have learned that no car is ever big enough!!! Seriously though... when you have more then two people in the car lugging anything is near impossible. Ohhh and not the BOOOOOOOOOOOAT!!! It is getting to be perfect weather too! OK OK OK I will wait to hear about your boating stories until next year ahhaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete