Friday, February 18, 2011

Words...real words!

It's been a long time since I've blogged.  Our family has had some crisis moments in the last month and I have had so many intimate feelings with these problems that I haven't been able to write.  I haven't been able to put my emotions into words that made any sense to anyone.  But I'm back...feeling a little bit recovered and able to take on the world once again...

Hailey has been going to speech therapy once a week since her last IEP.  She has until May to show improvement in her speech and be approved for continuing speech therapy. 

She doesn't like it.  At all.  It is hard for her.  She is frustrated.

But she tries so hard.

And finally...she can speak!!

OK so there are only a couple of words but hey, that's better than a few months ago!

She can say go, coco (our dogs name), HA (short for Hailey, we are working on the whole word), mine (you better believe she learned this one first!!) and most importantly...the most useful word in her new little vocabulary is (drum roll please...) UT OH!!

Oh my that word is the best...the water splashed out of the tub (ut oh)...the barbie fell (ok was thrown) down the stairs (ut oh)...the food jumped (ok was dumped) off of the plate (ut oh)...I could go on and on...

But I love Love LOVE it...I don't even care if it comes right after throwing the poor barbie doll down the stairs!  It is an amazing word that she can say consistently and she is so PROUD!



PROUD PROUD PROUD of herself and I love it (did I say that already?)

I am so excited for this new development and so proud of her for trying so hard to do it.  I am hoping that she continues to learn new words.

I think that it is most important to remember in this situation the same thing that I always say to my son "just do your best"...and that is all I expect of her as well...her best & I am so proud of her!

3 comments:

  1. I am so thrilled for you and for Hailey. That 'ut oh' is going to come in handy for her. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so fantastic! what a big step for hailey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH!!!!!!!! More, more, more will come! :)

    ReplyDelete